Action.vn - According to experts at Vietnam Comm 2011 held in Hanoi, mobile payment has made positive advance and promised to boom in Vietnam in the coming years.
Mr. Michael Smith – the Creative Director of Yahoo Vietnam, emphasized that mobile payment is making advances in Vietnam, for the fact that more enterprises is providing mobile payment service and launching new service packages to help consumers do the transaction and make the payment at anytime, anywhere. The fact that 7 telecommunication service providers including major networks such as Viettel, VinaPhone, MobiFone came out into society; over 30 banks jointed the Smartlink alliance; and then the presence of a series of payment solution via mobile like VinaPay, VnPay, PayNet ... with utilities that support purchasing the goods, games, study online, and so on has proved for that reality.
"Opportunities are in the hands of the mobile network operators and companies that provide online payment solutions," Michael Smith stressed. Sharing the same point of view, at the Vietnam Comm 2011, Mr. Antonio from TIMWE technology also cited the fact only 10% of online shopping invoices was paid by mobile payment method; the remaining 90% was paid by other means of payment. However, with the actual situation that cellphone is booming worldwide with an estimated number of 3 billion devices, it would not only be a device to communicate or to access the Internet, but also a popular mean of online payment in many countries around the world as well as in Vietnam.
Remarkably, according to experts, in addition to the efforts coming from the solution companies and network operators to provide services, the fact that some mobile companies focused on launching the device that enables online payments right on the smartphones and tablets was also creating additional conditions for mobile payment to develop. "It likes the device named Square launched by Apple recently. This device lets users pay from their credit card via iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, which has Internet connection ", Global Creative Director of Yahoo Vietnam, Mr. Michael Smith referred to this device and said with a credit card account, and users can sit right at home and purchase online. When paying, users only need to put the card into the slot and vertically slide the Square device (which is connected to the iPhone and the iPad via micro gate). Immediately, the software on the iPhone will helps its owner log into his/her bank account safely by password, signature and declaring the amount need to be transferred.
However, according to experts, in order for mobile payment to actually develop in Vietnam, Vietnam should also overcome a series of obstacles which had been mentioned in the previous time such as not synchronized technological infrastructure, or not able to change the traditional cash-paying shopping awareness.
Action.vn - Buu dien Viet Nam