BarCamp is a user-generated event — open, participatory workshop-events, whose content is provided by participants — focusing on technology. Topics typically include programming, web design, technology usage, education, entrepreneurship.
There is no audience, only participants. Attendees must give lead a discussion, give a demo, or help with one, or otherwise volunteer / contribute in some way to support the event. All sessions are scheduled the day they happen. The people present at the event will select the demos or presentations they want to see. Anyone who feels he or she is able to contribute to technology or teaching and learning is welcome.
Barcamp Saigon is a part of international Barcamp held annually in 350 cities around the world. In Saigon, Barcamp was first held in 2008 and attracts about 600 attendees every time.
Barcamp Saigon 2010 took place quite spectacularly and attracted many young attendees. From 2011, Barcamp Saigon is held twice a year after becoming more well known. Barcamp Saigon Summer 2011 was held last July.
If you want to attend Barcamp, please register as soon as possible since the number of attendees is limited. Don’t forget to think about what you want to present.
Tips on attending BARCAMP from Action.vn
1. Come early. 7:30am – 8:00am is the ideal time to register for BarcampSaigon. There will be a luncheon voucher from the organizers for anyone shows up early.
2. Take a look at interesting topics on the bulletin board in the lounge. You will know when and where topics are presented and who present them instead of wandering around.
Or, you can access BarcampSaigon’s website to know these information 30 minutes after the register.
3. Free Barcamp T-shirts are given out at the end of the day so don’t miss it!
• Sunday, December 11th, 2011
• From 8:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
RMIT International University
702, Nguyen Van Linh Str., District 7, Ho Chi Minh City